Have an idea?
The Morning Media Project prides itself on providing thoughtful, entertaining, original pieces that get people thinking. So that’s a BIG no to high-school essays, extensive academic rants, advertorials or anything promotional, sensational fluff and such. We’d appreciate well-written, informative, funny and thought-provoking pieces that don’t go out of their way to sound like serious journalism. Seriously, go easy on the big words. There’s no cash reward for verbal diarrhoea.
Want to send us something you’ve written? Excellent.
Just remember to…
#1 Be Nice
Yeah, we all have personal opinions but hey. If it weren’t for our differences, the world would be an awfully boring place, right? So let’s be nice. We will not publish anything that is racist, biased and sounds just plain stupid.
# 2 Be Original
We are all influenced by the world around us. But we’d really appreciate people who can actually use the Grey matter they’ve been blessed with. Sorry, we think that plagiarism is very, very uncool. Always link your sources.
# 3 Be in tune
To the world around. To your inner self. To sounds, voices and melody. Writing always reflects the people we are and the way we think, and lets us reach out to each other in so many different ways. We want to hear you sing, not groan.
– Type out your piece or idea (200 – 500 words) on the body of the email or send it as a .doc.
– The subject of your email should tell us about your piece. For eg. if you are sending us something about politics, the subject of the email should read ‘Submission: Politics – Why Democracy is overrated’. Do remember that pieces will be edited for coherence and grammar.
– Send us a small bio. A few lines on your interests, and what you’re doing. We don’t need a biography, or a fancy resume, just something that tells us why you are here.
– The writer holds copyright of his/her publications here. If you are sending us previously published work, make sure you hold the copyright to it. And, please send us the source of publication.
– Send in your ideas and submissions to email@example.com
Unfortunately, we cannot pay anyone on publication at the moment as we work on a voluntary basis. However, we do promise you a wealth of information and hopefully, a platform where you can shout out loud.